Download the Google Chrome Remote Desktop App from https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp?hl=en
After downloading chrome and the installation is complete. Follow the below instructions on how to install the Chrome Remote Desktop.
Once Google Chrome is installed login to a Gmail account or create a new GMail account.
- To install the Chrome Remote Desktop click the tiny menu icon on top right corner in Chrome. Scroll to More Tools > click Extensions
- In the extensions tab scroll and click on Get more extensions
- In Chrome web store type “chrome remote desktop” in the search box.
- Chrome Remote Desktop should be the top item click on ADD TO CHROME. This will install the chrome remote desktop in your Google Chrome browser.
Launch remote desktop
- Install the App
- To access the Chrome App click on the Show App button on your Chrome browser
- Click the Chrome Remote Desktop
- Make sure you are logged into your Google account (Gmail account). If not you will be prompted to log in to a Google account. If you don’t have one create a Gmail account this will be your Google account.
- Under the My Computers tab click Enable remote connection.
- The new window will prompt to you enter a PIN. Note* This needs to be numbers only, alpha characters are not accepted as a PIN.
- Confirm the PIN in the next window.
- You are now already to remote access you computer from a remote computer. Note* both computers will need to be logged into the same Google account to access the remote desktop.